REGULATION ON DATA PRIVACY
Your privacy is very important to us.
- We are careful about the personal data we request from you and the personal information we collect through your use of our web platform and our mobile applications.
- We retain personal data only as long as we have reason to do so.
- Our goal is to simplify information management so that you can easily control which information
you want to share publicly and which not.
- We aim to be fully transparent about how we collect, use and share your personal data.
The art organization “YELO-for interdisciplinary artistic process” works on the development of mobile applications and the adaptation of cultural and artistic programs in digital form and/or in forms with the help of new technological tools. The idea is to establish a multi-year platform that supports our interdisciplinary projects both on our website and in mobile applications.
- Our website yelo.hr
- Our mobile applications (for Android and iOS);
Through this Rulebook, we will use the term “services” as a common name for our yelo.hr website and our mobile applications.
The following explains how we collect, use and share your information along with the options you have to control that information.
Information we collect
We collect personal data only when we need it to provide yelo.hr services. For example, to provide you with access to mobile applications, to communicate with you through our website or to improve our services.
We collect personal data in two ways: when you submit your data to us on the website itself andautomatically through the use of our services, namely: downloading our mobile applications or by accessing the yelo.hr website itself.
Information you provide to us
It’s no surprise that we collect the information you provide us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information:
- Basic user data on the yelo.hr website: we ask for basic information from you, namely your first and last name and email address in order to respond to your message sent via the website or web application and to communicate with you in this way
- Communication with us: We may ask for your information when responding to surveys, when communicating with our customer support team about support, or when asking questions about our app on our social profiles.
Information we collect automatically
In this way, we collect information through automated means:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information typically enabled by web browsers, mobile devices and servers. These are, for example, browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring website, date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. This data is collected when you use our services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users have taken on the site – in other words, we learn who did what and when they did what on the site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our services (e.g. page views, unit type changes, etc.) along with device information (e.g. mobile device screen size, mobile network name and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to learn how people use our services so that we can improve them.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device based on your IP address. We collect and use this information in order to calculate which places or locations are used more and which are more accessible to the users of the application and adapt it in the following editions.
- Information from cookies and other technologies: A cookie is a small amount of data saved on your computer by the website you visit. Cookies usually save your preferences for a website,such as your preferred language or address. Later, when you open the same web page again, the internet browser sends back the cookies belonging to that page. This allows the site to display information tailored to your needs. Web pages have no memory. If you surf from tab to tab within the website, you will not be recognized as the same user on all tabs. Cookies allow a website to recognize your web browser.
How we use data
We use your data in the following way:
- In order to provide you with our services, that is, to answer your questions and messages;
- To further develop our services – for example, by adding new features that we believe users will need both on the website and in mobile applications, as well as help them use our mobile applications more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze the locations where the geofences of our mobile applications are placed and to better understand user interaction with our projects, which helps us improve them and facilitate their use;
- To monitor and protect the security of using our mobile applications, detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities, prevent spam, etc.
- To collect feedback from you or to inform you about news about our projects
- To personalize your experience of using our website and mobile applications.
How we share information
We do not sell personal information of our users!
We only share user information in the limited circumstances outlined below, with appropriate measures to protect:
- Employees and Outsourcers: We may disclose information about you, our employees, and individuals who act as our outsourcers and who need to know that information to enable us to provide services or process information on our behalf. We ask our employees and external collaborators to respect the Ordinance on the Privacy of the Data we share with them.
- In case of legal obligation: In cases where it is prescribed by law or is necessary for the prevention, detection or punishment of criminal offenses and fraud, your personal data will be shared with the competent authorities. We may disclose your information in response to a court order or other legitimate government request.
- Aggregated and de-identified information: We may share information that is aggregated or reasonably de-identified (stripped), so that the information cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. For example, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
Although no online service is 100% secure, we make every effort to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction and take reasonable measures to do so. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect the personal information you provide to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions on access to and use of personal information on our servers.
Other things you should know
Changes to the Data Privacy Ordinance
Who is responsible for processing collected personal data?
The artistic organization “YELO-for interdisciplinary artistic process” based in Zagreb, OIB: 41775268569, controls the processing of personal data collected for the purpose of providing services through our services.
At any time, you have the right to request access to your own data, the modification or deletion of incorrect data, as well as the restriction or objection to processing for legal reasons, and the right to transfer data.
To exercise these rights, update your personal data or get answers to all questions regarding the processing of your personal data through our services, please contact us by e-mail.
Complaints regarding the processing of your personal data by the Company can also be sent to the competent authority for data protection in Croatia (AZOP).